Tuesday 7 January 2014

Chalk Wehrli experiment



I found a box of chalk/pastels in my art classroom and decided to order it Wehrli style. 
The chalk/pastels are arranged in the order of the spectrum of colours and order of height.

I am very pleased with the outcome as it is visually interesting, engaging, and aesthetically pleasing. The basic point of the piece was to order the subject matter, however what the set up shows/represents is open to interpretation. This can make it personal to each individual person. Members of my group have commented that it looks like waves, sound waves, and a graph.
I also found it interesting to see what colour chalks there were the highest and lowest quantity of, as this could be a reflection on the popularity/ demand of/ for these colours, and so this is similar to a graph representation of this data.

No comments:

Post a Comment